Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Thanks, Joe

They find me.

When we arrived home from our outing, the kids and I were greeted by a stray in our front yard. My dog-smart kids avoided contact and actively pretended he wasn't there while I checked him out. Nervous and flinchy at first (thus having the potential for fear-biting if startled), he didn't take long to trust me completely.

I found his happy spots, the kids brought him food and water, I pulled out tons of his winter coat, we hooked him up to the mailbox, and we all hung out in the front yard for several hours waiting for Steve (animal control) to come by. (He was scared when roaming, his pit face might cause others to see him as a threat, and the shelter was closed today.) Leo named him Joe and we'll see him tomorrow. Thanks to Joe, we had a nice afternoon outside in our shady front yard.

Here's our afternoon benefactor:

Half shepherd--
Photobucket

Half Pit Bull--
Photobucket


He was happy and grateful and lovely with the kids and cats both. When did I become such a dog person? How the hell did that ever happen?


While we waited, Marian practiced her new skill.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Baby sister Sophie looks up to her big sister--can you tell?
Photobucket

Photobucket

Note the lack of training wheels on Leo's bike.
Photobucket

Note the lack of teeth in Leo's face.
Photobucket

Helmet hair to counteract the fluffy pics posted awhile back.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what's on your mind!