Friday, September 28, 2007

Licious

Einstein Quote of the Day:
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Abraham Lincoln Quote of the Day
I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Today's Books

Who Made That? (Nicholas)
Fairytopia (Sheridan)
Can You Tell Me How to Get to Sesame Street? (Hudson)
Tabitha's Terrifically Tough Tooth (Middleton)
"The Fairy Godmother's Assistant" from Girls to the Rescue (Lansky)
2 chapters from The Midwife's Apprentice (Cushman)
up to chapter 6 of The Golden Compass (Pullman) on CD
some "Mad Libs"

And Leo was a reading demon today and went through so many books I couldn't begin to keep track. The first two on the above list were the only titles I could remember. He also perused the Gator Gazette in the car, along with his sisters.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


We spent hours at the shelter today, returned two fosterlings and brought two more home. One was a puppy who'd been rejected by his mother and hadn't grown since he was born almost a week ago. If I'd known of his sooner, I'd have taken him home sooner, but I'm the cat lady and only found out today. He died this afternoon, but spent his last hours warm, cuddled, loved on, and finally soothed and comfortable.

Old My. Whiskerson has gained half a pound since his arrival, and is at my house now; he immediately demanded to be let out to explore and insists he is home. I've got him back in a large cage, though, because I'd like to see him gain much more weight before he starts burning it off.

There is a beautiful and sweet girl cat at the shelter who came in earlier this week, and we just discovered today that she is blind. I named her Helen. Yes, I'm so creative I awe myself.

I get a break tomorrow! For the first time in 2 months, I'll have almost the entire day to myself, and the next morning as well. The kids are SO excited about their daddy coming that they cleaned their room (where he sleeps) without a single complaint. lol I'm really looking forward to my break tomorrow, but I know that I'm actually going to miss the kids. We have been so connected lately, and life with them has been incredible. But I know the break will do us all some good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what's on your mind!