Monday, September 29, 2008

The Sounds of Suki

Another day in the life of Suki.

--cue theme song "Shake, Rattle, and Roll"--

A couple weeks ago, the window that sometimes wouldn't open or close was a concern, but it was soon eclipsed by the opposite door that just won't ever close fully again without professional help. So, now Suki sings shrilly every time she goes over 30 miles an hour. My sweet father--out of parental revenge, I suspect--taught my children to imitate the song of Suki as a sort of game. Or torture. Or something. Fun times.

Now Suki has a new sound. It sounds somewhat like somebody banging a wrench on a pipe (which I initially typoed as "banging a wench on a pipe") to the beat of the anti-metronome. (I'm waiting for the kids to begin imitating that as well. The wrench, not the wench, of course.)

After cranking up the radio to drown it out for awhile, I finally succumbed to the universal nudges pushing me to the car doc. We swing by today and he was thoroughly mystified. How reassuring.

Suki has an appointment on Thursday for a more thorough examination. It's always good for the intern mechanics to learn from an unusual case, right? Suki's Anatomy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what's on your mind!