I'm getting ready to sell my house and am preparing to declutter as soon as I get home. (I'm on my fourth week of being 1300 miles from home.) I came across the perfect passage in a book I'm reading (interesting how often that happens, isn't it?). Here are questions to ask yourself when going through the chaos in your home:
"Seven 'Clear the Way' Questions
- Do I love it?
- Do I need it?
- Does it support who I am now in my life?
- Does it act as an environmental affirmation for me?
- What positive and/or negative thoughts, memories, or emotions do I associate with it?
- Does it need to be fixed or repaired, and am I willing to do so now?
- If it's time to let it go, am I going to sell, lend, or give it away, and when?"
--Home Design with Feng Shui, Collins