Thursday, November 1, 2007

A Damn Full Day

Today was all about the kids. I've been having a hard time balancing everything in my life lately, and felt the need to drop most of it and give the kids my all today. We had a lovely time at the animal shelter, read more books than I can remember, worked on all kinds of homeschooling stuff, fed kittens, talked and talked and talked and laughed and laughed and laughed some more. I swung them in circles through the air, I chased them, they chased me, we played games, we watched kittens romp, we dreamed. We made lots of memories on Sophie's last day as a three-year-old.

After they went to bed, I got all of my studying done for the day, and surpassed my writing goal for my first day of NaNoWriMo. I know I may seem insane to take on this challenge of writing at least 50,000 words of a novel in the next month, but this is for ME. And after finishing today's goal, I felt energized and excited. (No, not THAT way.) Although I do have to admit that my intended wholesome and family-oriented young adult novel has somehow morphed into a lesbian romance.

The first duty of a revolutionary is to get away with it.
- Abbie Hoffman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what's on your mind!