Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Suki Psyche and Student Surprises

Apparently the folks at the Toyota dealership were quite amused with Suki, who put on a show like none they'd ever seen before, compulsively flailing her wipers and flashing her lights like Herbie's hippie cousin on a bad acid trip. When they'd had enough of the show, they sedated her and gave her some good alternator health care. However, the young gofer dude assigned to retrieve her today must have missed her antics, because he was nearly incapable of locating the most conspicuous car on the lot. (Perhaps he was thrown off by the word "Camry" on her key, instead of "Freakmobile.") I experienced a bit of instant Karma for my insensitive cackling as I watched him search in vain for my car, because when he finally found it and brought it around and was mere steps from handing me the keys, I stepped beyond an invisible curb and instead of levitating (as my subconscious may have intended), I splatted quite dramatically just below his outstretched hand. However, I popped back up so quickly I think I may have bounced. I'm a bit sore now, but I have my Suki and my Suki has me, so all is right in the world.


On the student front, apparently I am now a full-time one. I had to add two more classes today after finding out that financial aid rules had changed. I figured it was in my best interest to learn HTML and Rock Music History and be able to, you know, pay the mortgage and all. I'm a bit overwhelmed thinking about how I'll juggle a full course load with everything else (homeschooling, my jobs, the single mom gig, volunteer work), but I'm stoked that the extra money from going full-time means I'll be able to get that laptop after all.

Life never fails to surprise me.

3 comments:

  1. LMAO! and WOOHOO! and OUCH :( and ou go girl! Rock Music History needs YOU! Just don't ask me why 'cause I don't know. *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those classes sound awesome! I'd love to learn HTML!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO hehehehehe I just added 2 classes to just to see if I can get it done. Laptop for ya wooo hoooo :)

    ReplyDelete

Say what's on your mind!